Ward/Davis Embedded Systems
is currently hiring for an
Embedded Systems Sales Associate:
Position: Embedded Systems Sales Associate
Company: Ward/Davis Embedded Systems (WDES) is a division of Ward/Davis Associates. We sell high-tech electronic products to customers located in California, Nevada, and Hawaii. We maintain two sales offices in Redondo Beach and San Jose. Ward/Davis was founded in 1962 and is a professionally run sales company with 12 partners currently and 26 employees. The Company is considered to be one of the most prestigious of its type in the Country. Average employee tenure is 20 years.
Territory: Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and southern LA Counties. This territory is considered to be in the “developmental” phase. The customer base is a mixture of commercial, Industrial, and DoD prime and sub-contractors.
Reporting: The WDES Sales Associate reports to the WDES Sales Manager and is responsible for securing business for all WDES principals in the appointed territory.
Education: A technical background with a good understanding of computer architecture is required. A technical degree is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of B2B sales experience in the territory is desirable. Selling to engineers and Companies at the design and engineering level is a major part of the position.
Function: The WDES Sales Associate has the responsibility to achieve a sales volume in the territory as set by sales management.
Specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Become proficient in selling all embedded companies represented, attending factory training as required.
- Prepare and maintain a tactical sales plan which addresses existing customer opportunities, specific customer and territory projections and key account & business development goals.
- Use company provided Goldmine customer contact database as your primary contact and territory manager.
- Maintain a sales funnel of all projected sales opportunities.
- Develop a solid working relationship with all Principals represented.
- Become a “Team Member” of the Ward Davis sales team.
- Represent Ward/Davis in a highly professional, ethical manner. Further “Brand Ward/Davis”.
Personal Traits: The personal profile of a successful WDES Sales Associate is as follows:
- High personal level of commitment and ability to operate with minimum supervision
- Enjoy solving customer requirements and developing relationships. Working with engineers
- Meeting targets/Winning/Competitive
- Clear communicator – Both verbal and written
- Well organized
- Assertive, can control sales situation
- Competitive – A passion for winning and able to work unsupervised
- Bias toward action, decisive
- Flexible – Adaptive
The successful candidate is an experienced and creative Sales Engineer with a demonstrated record of sales success. A communicator who’s creative, intelligent, self-disciplined (proven track record of working effectively without supervision), highly industrious and is the type of individual who enjoys working in a growth-oriented, high-energy environment. The Candidate must have the background and personal skills necessary to interface effectively with customers, Principals, and Ward/Davis personnel.
Compensation: Commission-based compensation plan with draw against commissions – Expenses covered include Company paid automobile, cell phone, laptop computer, and normal business expenses.